Our lives are an exchange of energy.
Our bodies and minds create an energy that flows
around and between us, creating our auras.
Our things, our possessions, our homes, also create an energy…
Energies can overwhelm us at times,
especially those who are highly sensitive, highly intuitive.
The right energy in a room is like a flood of peace and tranquility,
in an overwhelming world.
A room’s energy can release blocks, inspire creations,
and fill you with peace, if you construct it to.
Or the energy can deplete you,
leaving you with stress, anxiety and overwhelm.
Your space is your creation, your art.
No matter how big or small your canvas is.
The colors, the textures, the materials, the decorative touches.
What you do with it is a reflection of your energy, your aura, your essence.
Align your space with your essence.
Align your essence with your space.
Working together they’ll bring you harmony.
Take the time to make sacred spaces in your home,
for the health and energy of your mind, for the grace of your essence.
Tips for Creating Your Sacred Spaces:
- Determine how you want your home/room to feel when you walk into it: What adjectives matter to you? Zen, cozy, studious, minimalist, family friendly, elegant, retro, classic, modern…
- Declutter, closet by closet, room by room, over time. The more you declutter, the more freely your positive energies will flow.
- Toss or donate all unnecessary items that bog you down.
- Decide what colors, textures and materials will create the energy and feeling you hope to create.
- Shop for antiques or use reclaimed materials as an easy eco-friendly route (less manufacturing, less waste).
A Few Home Decor Resources:
- Greenhouse Design Studio (green decor)
- Viva Terra (green decor)
- Bambeco (green decor)
- GAIAM (green decor)
- Olde Good Things (antiques)
- Restoration Hardware (a personal fav)
- Lillian August (unique beautiful items)
- Traditional Home (inspiration)
- Journey (another personal fav)
- Grow House Grow (hand printed wall paper w/a story)
- Room Service (unique beautiful items)
- Lee Industries (eco-friendly upholstery)
- Jayson Home (vintage furniture)
How do you create your sacred spaces?